ONLINE FIREARMS LICENSING & PERMITS
NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE FIREARMS APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION SYSTEM (FARS)
NOTICE: The Roselle Police Department recommends that all applicants familiarize themselves with applicable laws pertaining to the purchasing, transportation, storage and possession of firearms within the State of New Jersey. This information can be found at: Firearms Information | New Jersey State Police
The Roselle Police Department also highly recommends that all applicants familiarize themselves with proper firearms safety practices; including proper handling, transporting, loading/ unloading, cleaning and storage of firearms.
The falsification of information on any of the applications for firearms permits is a violation of N.J.S. 2C:39-10c and is a crime of the third degree. Any falsification may result in criminal charges against you.
READ EACH SECTION FULLY & COMPLETELY, PRIOR TO THE FILLING OUT OF ANY APPLICATIONS OR ASSOCIATED FORMS/ PAPERWORK
GENERAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO FIREARMS LICENSING
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDENTS OF THE BOROUGH OF ROSELLE.
- All applicants must be over the age of eighteen (18).
- All applicants who wish to apply for a State of New Jersey Permit to Purchase a Handgun MUST be over the age of twenty-one (21).
- In order to purchase a rifle, shotgun and/or ammunition within the State of New Jersey, you must acquire a State of New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID).
- In order to purchase a handgun within the State of New Jersey, you must acquire a State of New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID) AND a State of New Jersey Permit to Purchase a Handgun. (These may be applied for simultaneously if you do not possess either. Should you already possess a NJ State Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID), you need only apply for the permit to purchase.)
- BE ADVISED THAT ALL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A STATE AND FEDERAL BACKGROUND CHECK WHICH INCLUDES THE SUBMISSION OF YOUR FINGERPRINTS AND CONSENT TO A MENTAL HEALTH BACKGROUND CHECK.
- You MAY NOT submit applications on anyone else’s behalf under any circumstances.
ALL APPLICANTS FOR FIREARMS PURCHASER IDENTIFICATION CARDS AND/OR PERMIT TO PURCHASE A HANDGUN
All applications for State of New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards and/ or State of New Jersey Permits to Purchase a Handgun must be filed electronically via the New Jersey State Police Firearms Application and Registration System (FARS).
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION: Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
In order to properly file an application with the Roselle Police Department you MUST enter the Roselle PD ORI: NJ0201400
Follow the directions carefully. Any incorrect information (i.e. email addresses etc.) may result in the need to re-apply.
- Initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Card: $50.00 (One-time fee)
- Permit to Purchase a Handgun: $25.00 each.
- For the moment the Roselle Police Department accepts payment by Money Order or Certified Cashier’s Check Only made payable to the “Borough of Roselle”.
*** These fees may be combined and placed on one Money Order/Cashier’s Check***
- Please respond to the Roselle Police Department Monday- Friday (excluding borough observed holidays) between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM, to make payment for your items. Please have proper identification (i.e. NJ Driver’s License).
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- “***Please refer back to your NJ FARS E-mail (email@example.com) sent to you at time of application for exact amount owed.***”
APPLICATIONS FOR PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN
The Concealed Carry Permits service allows for online submission of both initial and renewal applications. Approved applications are due for renewal every two (2) years. Renewal applications can be submitted up to four (4) months before the expiration date. Concealed Carry Permit applicants need to have been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey and assigned an SBI number before they can apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. If you have never been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey before, start with an application for an Initial Firearms I.D. card. DO NOT respond in person unless advised to do so by the Firearms Investigator.
Fees: $50.00 money order payable to the New Jersey State Police as well as an additional $150.00 money order fee paid directly to the municipality.
GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION: https://www.
New Jersey State Police FARS (Firearms Application and Registration System - Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
New Jersey State Police - New Jersey State Police
New Jersey State Police Firearms Information - Firearms Information | New Jersey State Police